Ideas and Activities for Book Week
Children's Book Week 2018: Find your Treasure
How to Organise Children's Book Week in your School or Public Library
Have Fun with Go for 2&5 during Children's Book Week
CBCA Children’s Book Week is proudly sponsored by Healthway promoting the Go for 2&5 message.
Watch this and feed your imagination with these healthy eating tips from Healthway.
Reading promotion and display ideas
- Children's Book Council of Australia National site - Book Week merchandise, Junior Judges Project and links to all Branch websites.
- Treasure Hunt an educational musical, aimed at primary school students, performed directly in schools, based on the 2018 Book Week theme, Find your Treasure, and incorporating a selection of the shortlisted books. Information and bookings on Perform Musicals website.
- Children's Book Week 2018. Tristan Bancks (author) said that the theme has sparked lots of ideas for him, also captured why he read?
- The Book Chook: Activities for Children's Book Week 2018. Susan Stephenson is a writer, editor, teacher and reviewer. Her Blog contains lots of interesting curriculum-based activities to support Book Week.
- Book Week 2018: Activity Ideas. Madison's Library provides ideas for Book Week
- Book Week 2018 Site of Ipswich District Teacher Librarian Network, Education Queensland. It contains activities and resources to support their print publication.
- 2018 CBCA Bookweek on Pinterest. Katie J Gerber has provided activities, ideas, displays to help celebrate quality Australian literature
- Publisher's sites provide teaching notes for many of the books. Google title + teacher's notes.
- Books light up our world. Book Week publication produced by Ipswich District Teacher-Librarian Network. Order form available here.
Other helpful documents